Shrimati Hansa Mehta Library is the library of MS University of Baroda. It caters to the Information needs of the students, researchers, faculties and alumni of this university. Enrolled students, researchers and existing faculties of the university can avail the membership of the library.
The library was established on May 1, 1950. At the time of establishment of the MS University of Baroda, a collection of 25,000 books belonging to the two State Libraries (Huzur Political Office and Secretariat Library) was handed over to the University Library. There were several colleges in Baroda – Baroda College (for Arts), Science Institute, Commerce College, Secondary Teacher’s Training College, etc. These colleges had libraries of their own. These libraries continued to remain as Faculty Libraries and were administered independently. The University Library System was established on May 1, 1950, and it was housed in the central block of the Old Residency Office Building.