Navrachana University was established through the Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2009 with the intent to offer superior education that befits the high educational standards of the Navrachana Educational Society in Vadodara. The University has embarked on a new educational paradigm that lays simultaneous emphasis on disciplinary education, inter-disciplinary education, professional education and general education. This paradigm is facilitated by the University’s unitary character and offers comprehensive learning and helps develop T-Shape students who have a breadth of knowledge though general and inter-disciplinary education and a depth of knowledge though focused disciplinary education.
There are five important aspects that direct the new educational paradigm at Navrachana University:
- Professional education must prepare students with strong disciplinary insights needed to address the challenges confronting the professional community and inculcate a sense of lifelong learning to be successful and excel overtime.
- Offer interdisciplinary education that cross-fertilize learning with new ideas from desperate disciplines so collision at the fringes raise appropriate questions and create innovation.
- General education must inform students about the issues that arise in their lives, personally, professionally, and socially and help them to be reflective about their beliefs and choices, and their presuppositions and motivations.
- Make the process of learning more effective through exposure into real working conditions by practically applying knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
- Invite students to work on “messy”, seemingly intractable problems through a focus on social entrepreneurship and address pressing problems in our immediate community. Disciplinary-specific entrepreneurship is being developed to create job creators who will create opportunities for themselves and for others.
Five schools make up the Navrachana University:
School of Liberal Studies and Education offers:
BA(Journalism & Mass Communication), BEd., MSW and PhD.
School of Science offers:
BSc., BSc-Data Science, BSc-MSc Integrated(Biomedical), MSc(Chemistry), and MSc(Life Science)
School of Environmental Design and Architecture offers:
Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Design (Interior) and Bachelor of Landscape Architecture & Design.
School of Engineering and Technology offers:
Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology)
School of Business and Law offers:
BBA, BBA-LLB, BCA and MBA.
All Educational Programs follow modular, semester-wise curricula and allow taking courses that cut across program boundaries. The unitary character allows the University to innovate new educational and pedagogic models grounded in interdisciplinary thinking and capitalize on the shared infrastructural and educational resources to achieve a rich academic and life experience.
Navrachana Education Society
The Navrachana Education Society (NES) is a registered Charitable Trust established in 1965. It is headed by a Board of Trustees comprising of educationists, philanthropists and administrators. With more than 50 Years of Excellence in Education, the Society is acclaimed for its achievements – for having imparted through its Institutions, quality education for over five decades. Navrachana Education Society is professionally managed by an Executive Committee, vastly experienced in administration and modern-day education management.
Institutions of Navrachana Education Society
Navrachana University wins ASSOCHAM’s Best Innovative University 2017 Award
- Navrachana School – Sama CBSE
- Navrachana Vidyani Vidyalaya – Sama
- Navrachana International School – Bhayali
- Navkaushalya – Savitaben Amin Institute for Girls and Women
- Eklavya Model Residential School (Vejalpur) – GSEB
- Navrachana Sports Academy
- Navrachana Language Academy
On March 25, at the Global Industry & Academic Excellence Awards 2017 held at Ahmedabad, the Navrachana University bagged the Best Innovative University of the Year 2017 Award. The Awards ceremony was organized by ASSOCHAM India and GR Foundation, on the occasion of the International Conference on ICT for Intelligent Systems being organized in Ahmedabad. The Award was received by Smt. Tejal Amin, Chairperson, Navrachana Education Society, Prof. Abir Mullick, Provost, Navrachana University, and Shri Rajesh Talati, Registrar, Navrachana University. Established in 2009, the young Navrachana University has already made a mark for excellence in academics and innovation in teaching and learning processes.
Navrachana University bags No.3 position in Gujarat for 2019– EducationWorld
In June 2018, at the EW India Higher Education Rankings Awards 2018-19 at the Shangri-La Hotel, Palace Road, Bangalore, Navrachana University received the award for the being No.3 Private University in Gujarat.
This is the 4th consecutive year to get the 3rd Rank under Private Universities in Gujarat.
For the past six years, EducationWorld has been publishing its annual EW India Higher Education Rankings with Centre for Forecasting & Research(C fore) — the well-known Delhi-based market research and opinion polls agency. EW rank India’s most high-profile higher education institutions on 11 parameters of education excellence — faculty competence, research & innovation, placement, industry interface etc. [NUV 3rd Best Private University in Gujarat by Education World]
Navrachana University ranked as the 3rd Best Private University in Gujarat by Education World. The Award was received by Dr. Nilay Yajnik, Provost, Navrachana University at Bangalore.